Monday, August 18, 2008

Live Your Life!

This is almost classic “Do as I say, Not as I do”. I charge each of you to live life. Choose Life. Engage yourself in living every day. The earlier in life you get in the habit of doing this the easier it will be to continue doing it. Don’t take it for granted. It requires active participation.


Regardless of how long or short life is I am pretty sure I have more behind me than I have in front of me. It should make the life in front of me that much more precious. I am trying to live it like it IS more precious. I am not as willing to wait for something to work out. I may not have the time patience implies, or laziness requires, or breaking bad habits takes. Who knows, tomorrow they may figure out how to make it last forever. In the meantime you have to assume you are going to die tomorrow, but will live forever. Makes scheduling a bitch. Any given day, if I get to see a pretty girl, I consider that gravy.

1 comment:

bearskyone said...

Life is a journey. To live it we must travel. Sometimes over rocky roads, sometimes fording raging rivers.
The roads are varied and the rivers run deep. There is pain and sorrow but also great joy.
We can be hurt, but we can heal. It is less important to worry about being hurt than it is to revel in the knowledge that ANY feeling is living.
I have made many mistakes and no doubt will make more. I know this and accept this and I pray that the forgiveness I have found in my heart for those who have wronged me, will spread like the scent of a field of flowers and so, those I have wronged can come to forgive me.
At times I am saddened at what I perceive to be lost, and then the world knocks on my soul and I find a new connection to an old memory.
I FEEL the sensation and revel in it. It is good, it is bad, it IS.
To feel is what life is all about.
To share ourselves with the world and be open to give and receive and to love is what makes humankind profound.
Can you feel it?